Free Trial FAQs
- Online Trial
- 1. What is Mithi SkyConnect?
- 2. What is the cloud?More
Mithi SkyConnect is hosted on a cloud platform to provide you with reliable and high performance service. Learn more about what constitutes a cloud platform.
- 3. Currently which are your top customers, who are using Mithi SkyConnect?More
Our cloud based fully hosted and managed service is deployed for Lakhs of mailboxes for small to medium enterprises across India and other countries. Read more about our customers and their live usage studies. You may also want to see, what our customers have to say about our service.
- 4. I want to learn about Mithi SkyConnect
- 5. What all can I evaluate in this online trial?More
If you have created a free self trial account on the "mithiskyconnect.com" domain, then you will get access to an account that enables you use the collaboration applications listed below
- Send and Receive Emails to and from the Internet using Baya (web client), and any mobile/desktop client that works over SMTP, POP and IMAP
- Try the Calendar service that runs over CalDAV and can be accessed using Baya (web client), and any mobile/desktop client that supports CalDAV e.g. Thunderbird, Android and IOS based devices.
- Use the Contacts application to work with a global domain wide shared address book and a personal address book for your own account. This again can be accessed using Baya (web client), and any mobile/desktop client that supports LDAP e.g. MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Android and IOS based devices.
- Use the Chat/Instant Messaging application to communicate with your colleagues. This can be accessed using Baya (web client), and any mobile/desktop client that supports XMPP e.g. Thunderbird, Pidgin, Neos, Android and IOS based devices.
- Use the Audio Video Calling facility via Baya (web client) to have a F2F talk with your colleagues.
- Admin Panel for day today administration jobs
- 6. But Chat and Video chat need at least 2 people to evaluate?More
Right. While you can singularly evaluate the email, calendar and contacts applications, you would need at least one more person on the network to evaluate the chat and audio-video chat capability. This can be easily done. If you notice, you have created your free self trial account on the "mithiskyconnect.com" domain. You can also get your colleague (or colleagues) to create other free self trial account on the and now both or more of you are part of the same domain, mithiskyconnect.com. You can follow the steps to add each other as buddies in the chat system and start texting and talking to each other.
Confirm following pre-requisites for the video audio-calling application :
- If you are not logged into FireFox or Chrome - log in using the latest version of the browser and ask your colleague to do the same
- Confirm that your laptop/desktop has a MIC and a camera which can be accessed from the browser
- Confirm that the following ports are not blocked in your corporate firewall HTTP/HTTPS 80, 8443 & WebRTC/Stun/TURN 9000, 9443, 3478. If you are using a dongle, then the ports will not be blocked.
- For more details refer the topic Mithi SkyConnect: Video Calling Pre-requisites
Login to Baya with your valid credentials. If you are already logged in go to the next step.
Go to the Chat application displayed in the right pane of the interface. Chat application displays a list of all the contacts in the roster. If your colleague is not present in the roster, follow the link for detailed procedure to add a contact to the roster.
To start an audio-video call, the presence status of the chat application must be "Free to Video Call". Change the presence status of your chat application to "Free to Video Call" and ask your colleague to do the same.
Click the "Camera" icon to send an audio-video call request to your colleague.
Confirm your permission to access the devices (Mic and Camera) with the application. Start the conversation once your colleague accepts your call request.
For detailed steps with screen shots refer Mithi SkyConnect: Help Center.
- 7. But what if I already own a domain name? Can you setup my own private domain on your trial setup for evaluation?More
Yes, sure we can! The process is as follows:
- We will request you for your domain name, e.g. mypersonaldomain.com. We strongly recommend that the domain you provide to us for evaluation setup, should not be an already live domain currently in production use.
- We will confirm ownership of that domain and ask you to confirm that you have access to change DNS records.
- We would create, configure and test the domain on our setup.
- We would then hand over a document with details on the DNS changes to be done and the steps on configuring and using your access devices and clients.
- In this mode of evaluation, you will get complete access to the "Application manager console" for provisioning and administering your domain.
- 8. What are the policies applicable for my trial account or for my private domain trial?More
Please refer to following link to know more about the policies governing the use of the email system.
Mithi SkyConnect SLA: What are the shared policies applicable?
- 9. Can I extend my trial period beyond 15 days?
- 10. If I decide to purchase a subscription to Mithi SkyConnect, will you transfer my trial domain data to my live account?More
Unfortunately that wont be possible. The two setups are totally different. The trial account is only meant to allow you to get a feel about the product and not really put it to live production use.
- 11. Is Internet Access required for Mithi SkyConnect?More
Yes. The Mithi SkyConnect service is hosted on the cloud and is accessible only over the Internet.
- 12. What all do I need to use Mithi SkyConnect?More
You would need an Internet connection to your office or client device. You would need access to a so that you can access Baya the web based collaboration client and also the application manager for administration. This will provide you a single sign on and single window access to all collaboration applications from Mithi SkyConnect.
- 13. What are the supported browsers for Mithi SkyConnect?
- 14. Why wont Audio video chat work via Internet Explorer or my desktop or mobile clients?More
The Audio video chat facility of Connect Xf uses a technology, which is only supported on Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome currently. Depending on the technical feasibility, and availability of related technology in other access devices, Mithi may decide to build compatibility for the feature into these devices and clients as well.
- 15. Can a user use the option of auto respond (on vacation) and if that works without any delay. ( Sender would receive an immediate response if the user is using the Auto respond function)More
Sure, it works without delay. As soon as a mail is received in the user's mailbox, the auto response system detects it and sends a vacation reply as configured. More details here and learn more about vacation reply
- 16. During the trial period, I may need extra help to setup MithiSkyconnect. Who can help?MoreSure, you have following ways to get help.
* Refer Mithi SkyConnect: Help Center
* Community support
You can connect with us via our forums. Please post your queries and observations there and our engineers will respond to you as soon as possible. we suggest that you try this for a speedier response to your queries.
* Direct Mithi support
If you still need more help or need to talk to someone from our team, please open up a discussion on drop us a mail at [email protected] and our helpful engineers will connect with you to sort out any difficulty you may be facing.
- 17. All right, I have created a free online trial account, now I need help to configure my clients to access my trial account from your servers?More
You will receive a welcome mail to your primary email id which will give you an URL and credentials required to logon to your Mithi SkyConnect account. Take online tour to know your system and configure applications on desktop or mobile devices. Refer the topic How to start the online tour of Baya?